We look forward to welcoming you to JIS October 2021! Our team is currently reviewing the JIS October health and safety guidelines in accordance with public health recommendations and in consultation with other event organizers and venue partners, and will provide an update as soon as possible regarding protocols for JIS October.
Health & Safety Guidelines at JIS October
A Look Forward As We Plan for JIS October
As the JIS team and the jewelry industry are working hard to deliver a fantastic October show, we understand that health & safety are very top of mind for everybody and would like to give you a quick preview into how we are approaching these matters.
As part of that commitment, and to prioritize the safety and wellbeing of everyone at our events, we have created a Health & Safety Task Force to develop and implement policies and best practices around COVID-19 response and prevention. These policies and best practices are being updated and adjusted as more information and guidance becomes available.
Prior to the Show
- We require strict compliance with all Health and Safety guidelines and our admission terms & conditions. If you feel sick, are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have had any exposure to COVID-19, please do not come to the venue.
- Please ensure you have packed a face covering – an approved face covering must be worn at all times. To make sure it is a proper face mask it must fit properly and snuggly, fully covering your nose and mouth and secure under your chin. The following are NOT permitted: face coverings not properly secure, face coverings with exhalation valves, bandanas, neck gaitors, mesh materials, face coverings that contain holes or is significantly damaged and costume face coverings.
- Please review this website, including details about our cleaning and sanitization measures and ensure that you can comply with the requirements/expectations for everyone who attends JIS in any capacity (vendors, customers, staff).
- No minors under the age of 14 will be permitted on the show floor at any time (including move-in and move-out).
Arriving at JIS October
- We will be taking additional measures on show site with your health and safety top of mind at JIS October. Please allow extra time when arriving at the Miami Beach Convention Center (MBCC) and making appointments with your vendors.
- Be sure to have your face covering on (covering your nose and mouth) before entering the Convention Center.
- Print your confirmation email with your personalized barcode and have your ID in hand.
- Some registration desks have been replaced with kiosks for attendees to use who have registered in advance. The kiosks will lessen the interaction with Registration personnel and hasten an attendee’s entry into the show.
- JIS October has a no-handshake policy in place.
- We’ll implement queue lines where 6-foot distancing is safely enforced.
- Transparent barriers will be placed on the registration counters for enhanced safety and our staff will regularly clean all equipment.
On the show floor
- Face coverings must always be worn at all times. Please make sure you have a face mask with you.
- Follow all recommended Health & Safety measures – the three W’s: Wear your face covering, Wash your hands, and Watch your distance by staying 6 feet away from one another.
- We’ve designed the show to allow for physical distancing and one-way entrances/exits.
- We’ll remind you to keep an appropriate distance from others with floor graphics and stanchions.
- Konduko offers a way to network without contact – Tap the front of your badge on the SMART readers of the vendors that you would like more information about.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be located for your convenience around the show floor.
- We’ve increased staff and security to provide the BEST customer service and information accessibility.
- Many exhibitors will offer contactless payment, although it is not a requirement.
- Seating areas will be properly distanced and transparent shields will be placed at all concession stands.
- Trash will be removed from the exhibit halls with greater frequency.
- To enhance the air quality, MBCC has added Merv 8 pre filters and Merv 14 for bag filters.
- Daily disinfecting will take place to sanitize all seating, aisle carpet, restrooms, and frequently touched public areas.
- If you feel sick unexpectedly at the show, personnel will be onsite and available to help individuals who are feeling unwell.
Health and Safety Acknowledgement
Please be advised that the risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including JIS October. Please ensure you have read and follow our Health and Safety Acknowledgement linked below and review the CDC Guidelines for Prevention. By attending JIS October, you acknowledge this inherent risk. Thank you for your cooperation, and we hope you enjoy the show!
Below is a compilation of external resources that will keep you up to date on information you may need while planning to travel to JIS October 2021:
Miami Beach Convention Center Health Advisory
EXPO COVID Precautions
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)
U.S Travel Association
International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE)
Miami Beach Coronavirus Update
Miami Dade County COVID-19 Initiatives
Self Check for Coronavirus Symptoms
1st Class Valet Parking Safety Procedures
COVID-19 and How it’s Changing the Event Industry
JIS parent company, Reed Exhibitions, put together a white paper that highlights a few of the key findings from our COVID-19 Global Insights survey that articulate Reed’s customers’ key concerns and insights, at regular intervals, tracking changing attitudes to physical events and digital event technology over time.
The guidelines contained here are based on information currently available regarding COVID-19 and local or state guidelines with respect to large gatherings in the particular community. As more clarity with respect to these variables emerges, it is expected that these guidelines may need to be adjusted accordingly.